Jtec has recently provided program, project and construction management services for the $839 Million John Muir Medical Center Replacement and Modernization Project.
The services included coordination of the entitlement process, design management, constructability and quality control reviews, equipment planning and procurement, scheduling, budget control, coordinating city, county and OSHPD approvals, bidding, construction management, procurement, post-occupancy, commissioning and licensing activities. Jtec worked closely with the internal John Muir facilities/construction management staff and reported monthly to the Hospital's Board of Directors.
The John Muir Medical Center Replacement and Modernization project was a multi-phased job that included all make-ready, site work, utility projects and the following major components:
- Walnut Creek Phase 4: New 380,000 sf addition that includes operating rooms, ICU/CCU, Neonatal ICU, Med/Surg beds, Imaging, kitchen, commercial spaces, and a co-generation central utility plant.
- Emergency Department Relocation: 3-phased renovation and expansion increasing the ED by 100% in square footage and added 22 new patient exam stations as well as radiographic functions and a new CT scanner, providing state-of-the-art imaging in the trauma rooms for the new 44 station 25,000 sf expansion
- Walnut Creek Campus Parking Structure with ground floor Outpatient Clinic: 7-story, 768 open-stall garage complex and 40,000 sf of outpatient surgery, a breast care facility, imaging, eye clinic, rehabilitation services, and human resources administrative offices
- Concord Campus Patient Tower: Patient Tower renovation and new 172,000 sf addition that includes an emergency department, ICU/CCU, Med/Surg beds, telemetry unit, Imaging and Catheterization Labs
- Clinical Lab: Offsite, 56,000 sf tilt up concrete project including state-of-the-art automation technology and sophisticated information systems throughout.